Welcome to Sue's Book Reviews
Over the years I have read many books. Some become favourites I read time and time again. Others strike me as a definite to add to my favourite list.
I decided to review some of these books in the hope that others may enjoy them as I have.
The reviews below reflect only my own thoughts on these novels.
Happy reading!







Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dragongirl by Todd McCaffrey

Title: Dragongirl

Author:           Todd McCaffrey
 
Publisher: Del Rey
Pages:            512 pages
Genre:            Fantasy - Speculative Fiction
When Todd McCaffrey first took over the Dragons of Pern from his mother, I wondered if he could bring anything new to the series. At first it seemed the answer was no, but since he started writing about Harper Kindan and Weyrwoman Fiona the series has come alive again.
I love the way Dragongirl carried on immediately from Dragonheart. It continued the story faultlessly keeping the exuberance and dedication Fiona had learned in her three years living in the past. Three years older in the present time she finds it difficult to restrain her impatience with those who still consider her a child. A sudden calamity thrusts her into a position of authority. Little does she know her emotions will also be stirred into turmoil.
I am a great fan of the Dragons of Pern, especially those written by Anne McCaffrey. Her son Todd has definitely taken up the baton to continue this series, but in his own way. He breathes life into a different aspect of Pern, showing us a young girl’s view of the magnificent dragons and weyr life. 

If you love stories involving dragons and other worlds, this series is the one for you.
Well done Mr McCaffrey, I look forward to reading many more of the Dragons of Pern series.

Buy Link: Random House

No comments:

Post a Comment