Welcome to Sue's Book Reviews
Over the years I have read many books. Some become favourites I read time and time again. Others strike me as a definite to add to my favourite list.
I decided to review some of these books in the hope that others may enjoy them as I have.
The reviews below reflect only my own thoughts on these novels.
Happy reading!







Saturday, April 7, 2012

Angela's Coven


Title: Angela's Coven : The Cabbottown Witch Novels
Author:        Bruce Jenvey
Publisher: MuseItUp Publishing
Pages:        296 pages
Genre:       Paranormal Fantasy
Reggie Sinclair, an aging rock star has mellowed with age and is now in the grip of terminal cancer. Angela, an immortal witch, part of the Cabbottown Coven. What do they have in common - they have both sold their souls to the devil and Ajax, the devil's henchman, is waiting to collect.
As soon as I saw the cover of Angela's Coven I knew I had to read it, and I was right. This is my type of book. I love novels that keep the pace going without the lulls which give the reader the chance to get bored. You won't find any lulls in this book. Witches, the devil and his underling and the good guys, both the coven and ancestors, were there to help turn Ajax from his evil ambition and kept me intrigued as I wondered what would happen next. 
I'm not sure how the author got so much into this book, but it's one of those you can't put down. Angela's Coven is not a comical book, but it has a lighthearted thread all the way through from Angela and Reggie's banter to the Devil's dealings with Ajax. Throw in explosions, spells, ethereal beings and the occasional scene that pulls at the heartstrings. Previously unknown links also pop up when least expected. All these make this a good book to read or give as a present. No heavy scenes so suitable for teenagers upwards but enjoyable by every age. 
Well done Bruce Jenvey, if the next one in the series is as good, you're on a winning streak.


Buy Link:  MuseItUp Publishing

Author's Link: Coven Witches

No comments:

Post a Comment