Welcome to Sue's Book Reviews
Over the years I have read many books. Some become favourites I read time and time again. Others strike me as a definite to add to my favourite list.
I decided to review some of these books in the hope that others may enjoy them as I have.
The reviews below reflect only my own thoughts on these novels.
Happy reading!







Monday, April 9, 2012

Scotch Broom by Marva Dasef


Title: Scotch Broom : The Witches of Galdorheim Series
Author:         Marva Dasef
Publisher: MuseItUp Publishing
Pages:        145 pages
Genre:       Middle Grade Fantasy
Kat and Rune set out on their adventures once again this time to Scotland. The witch and warlock take different routes but their problems eventually bring them together. Kat is growing up and goes out into the world alone. A trick leaves her stranded and she has to learn who to trust and who will betray her. 
The mundanes of the world plod along unaware of magic, while and ancient Goddess lives in the Otherworld surrounded by magical creatures. Vampires, a giant, trolls and magical beasts are some of the Goddesses companions who make this third book another winner in the Witches of Galdorheim Series. 
Ms Dasef has the ability to write a series and make each book seem fresh and different from the previous one. At the end of each novel I believed I knew the characters well but Scotch Broom reveals yet another layer to the characters and world. 
I enjoyed the first two of this series and Scotch Broom drew me in so well that I read the whole book in one sitting. Ms Dasef deserves a standing ovation and I eagerly wait for the next book in the series.
Buy Link:  MuseItUp Publishing

Author's Link: Marva Dasef

1 comment:

  1. I heartily agree with your comments on Scotch Broom. I have read all in the series now and recommend them highly. A fun read for all ages. The characters are wonderfully drawn, the creatures Kat meets are very imaginative. This series is a winner.

    ReplyDelete