Welcome to Sue's Book Reviews
Over the years I have read many books. Some become favourites I read time and time again. Others strike me as a definite to add to my favourite list.
I decided to review some of these books in the hope that others may enjoy them as I have.
The reviews below reflect only my own thoughts on these novels.
Happy reading!







Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Girl's Guide to Fairytales


Title:   A Girl's Guide to Fairytales

Author:   Laurey Buckland

Publisher:   Laurey Buckland

Genre:   Chic Lit


Four very different women who are good friends. Maddy dreams of her own company, but is afraid to take the step into the unknown. Claire's future seems bleak. Her nature borders on the obsessive compulsive and prevents her meeting any potential boyfriends. Issie is an actress, following in her mother's footsteps but can she prevent her mother interfering? Sophie and boyfriend Tom have just moved in together and their life is full of happiness.

A Girl's Guide to Fairytales follows the lives of these four women as their future unfolds. They each have their own chapters as they support each other through thick and thin, encouraging and advising when needed. The story travels through happiness, sadness, anger and despair until I felt I knew each woman as a friend.

When I first started reading I wondered if this was going to be a 'Sex and the City' type of book. The only resemblance to the famous four is the main characters are women. Other than this there are no parallels. Ms Buckland has taken her characters from real life with all their problems, heartaches and happy times. It's not only the story that grabbed me, it's the quality of the writing. I would recommend   A Girl's Guide to Fairytales to any reader of light romance. A very good read even if you don't usually read Chic Lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment